Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 05/24/2016 14:48:45 | Interim Plan for Principal Search
- 05/24/2016 11:22:13 | My Adopted Grandfather
- 05/24/2016 09:41:20 | SLUH Takes Home Record Eighth Title
- 05/20/2016 11:45:39 | Hopkins '16 Reflects with Alumni Board
- 05/20/2016 09:47:02 | Water Polo Alumni Fund the Number
- 05/20/2016 09:24:24 | SLUH to Host Festival of Miles
- 05/19/2016 22:46:33 | Mastering Biology Education in the High School Classroom
- 05/16/2016 08:52:45 | Water Polo Earns 18th Championship
- 05/10/2016 12:35:38 | Protector of God’s Plan
- 05/05/2016 08:58:26 | Tribute to Departing Faculty