Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-AmericanMarksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 12/09/2013 08:48:10 | Scholarship for Irish Boys Takes Flight
- 12/06/2013 10:38:25 | Fields ’14 Takes POL for Second Year in a Row
- 12/06/2013 10:31:07 | Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony Opens Garden
- 12/03/2013 16:08:42 | Iyer '14 to Publish Research
- 12/02/2013 13:33:54 | Robinson Triplets Hit Mark
- 11/25/2013 14:59:21 | Liberating Work
- 11/25/2013 11:14:18 | Godar ’14 Attends NJCL Meeting
- 11/19/2013 11:08:23 | Rising Young Star
- 11/18/2013 12:05:50 | Fathers, Sons Lend Helping Hand
- 11/18/2013 11:11:28 | SoccerBills Advance to Semifinals