Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-AmericanMarksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 03/07/2014 14:32:01 | Mission Week a Resounding Success
- 03/04/2014 09:33:04 | RacquetBills Four-Peat
- 03/01/2014 10:34:46 | Halftime Shots Gain National Attention
- 02/18/2014 11:11:54 | Two Seniors Advance in Teen Talent Competition
- 02/11/2014 10:58:36 | Performance celebrates 50 years of Chinese program, Chinese New Year
- 02/10/2014 13:52:08 | O'Toole '75 New USGA President
- 02/10/2014 13:26:57 | Meek '04 Competes In Sochi
- 01/31/2014 15:27:33 | Jr. Bills Attend March for Life
- 01/23/2014 11:29:30 | A Look Back: Dr. Tom Dooley '44
- 01/22/2014 09:30:38 | Nanjing Chinese Students Arrive at SLUH