Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 09/30/2014 09:58:42 | Legs Ahead of the Rest
- 09/29/2014 09:45:20 | Jr. Bills Win CYC Soccer Tournament
- 09/24/2014 11:27:15 | Scholarship Golf Classic Drives Home a Winner
- 09/18/2014 09:15:39 | Steward of Excellence
- 09/16/2014 09:15:29 | Festival of Runners
- 09/14/2014 16:19:30 | SoccerBills Win CBC Tourney
- 09/10/2014 14:11:27 | Merits of Intellect
- 09/09/2014 16:24:53 | Carpe Diem
- 09/09/2014 12:28:17 | Head of the Class—and Pool
- 09/08/2014 09:21:05 | Fr. Weiss ‘42 Honored with Magis Award