Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 10/05/2015 15:24:14 | Celebrating the Moon Festival
- 10/02/2015 10:07:35 | Jr. Bills Attend 2Philly4Francis
- 10/01/2015 12:59:07 | Golf Classic Supports Scholarship Assistance
- 09/30/2015 15:32:33 | ACES Sponsors Leadership Summit
- 09/30/2015 09:36:51 | SLUH vs. CBC: Friends & Rivals
- 09/29/2015 11:13:11 | SLUH Recognized as Exemplary High Performing Blue Ribbon School
- 09/25/2015 10:34:07 | Prepared for the Digital World
- 09/25/2015 10:16:46 | Football Team Works Well On, Off Field
- 09/24/2015 08:29:16 | Jesuit Brothers Unite, Serve
- 09/21/2015 16:36:18 | Gayou '12 to Participate in Canonization Mass