Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 11/21/2014 10:35:28 | Students Visit WWT Headquarters
- 11/14/2014 15:53:10 | SLUH Takes Fourth in Entrepreneur Competition
- 11/14/2014 15:08:04 | Remembering the UCA Martyrs
- 11/13/2014 10:45:39 | Achievement Marks Fall Sports
- 11/11/2014 15:57:40 | All Tied Up
- 11/11/2014 12:52:20 | Keeping Pace with Tradition
- 11/11/2014 09:12:54 | Remembering a Hero
- 11/07/2014 14:49:22 | Jesuit Solidarity
- 11/07/2014 12:54:26 | Freshman Service in Its Senior Year
- 11/05/2014 08:52:10 | Active Example for the Ages