Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 04/25/2016 16:36:58 | Jr. Bills Excel in Chinese Competition
- 04/22/2016 16:06:45 | Sustainability Takes Bronze in Green Schools Quest
- 04/22/2016 12:05:10 | Nicollerat Notches 600th Win
- 04/21/2016 11:54:15 | Alumni Featured on TEDx Talks
- 04/20/2016 09:59:21 | Carpe Diem
- 04/18/2016 15:39:54 | Seniors Place Third in 30-Day Business Challenge
- 04/15/2016 10:32:27 | Cashbah Tops One Million for Second Consecutive Year
- 04/15/2016 09:51:06 | Sophomore Retreat Debuts New Format
- 04/15/2016 08:37:16 | Varsity Chorus Travels to Nashville for Festival of Gold
- 04/14/2016 12:30:19 | Student-Athletes Make Commitments