Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 02/05/2016 15:25:29 | Pilgrimage to See the Pope
- 02/04/2016 10:59:39 | 14 Student Athletes Sign Commitment Letters
- 02/04/2016 10:31:28 | Celebrating Black History Month
- 02/04/2016 08:44:53 | Response to Bright Flight Article
- 01/29/2016 16:10:46 | Jr. Bills Brave Storm, March for Life
- 01/27/2016 08:37:39 | Healing Earth
- 01/27/2016 08:33:36 | Remembering a SLUH Legend
- 01/25/2016 11:13:35 | SLUH Hosts International Leaders
- 01/25/2016 09:48:33 | Robotics Jamboree Brings STEM to Life
- 01/22/2016 11:14:48 | SLUH Prays for Capt. Kevin Roche '03