Where am I?
Hermsmeier '10 Named All-American
Marksman Dan Hermsmeier '10, a freshman at the University of Memphis, has earned the distinction as “All-American” following his exceptional performance in the NCAA Championship SmallBore competition. He earned the highest honor for a college freshman as a member of the All-American second team.
Designations for All-American first team, second team and honorable mention in small bore and air rifle are based on season averages. Hermsmeier missed being named first-team All American by a slim margin.
In addition to being one of only two college freshmen in the United States named to the second team, his is the first small bore All American at the University of Memphis and the only freshman at the school to be named All American in riflery.
Hermsmeier's fifth place finish in small bore in the NCAA Championships was the best in the United States by a college freshman, and he did it in amazing fashion by winning the four-person shootoff to grab the eighth spot in the finals. His spectacular performance in the finals catapulted him to fifth overall in the championship.
Hermsmeier will compete in the Junior Olympics in April.
- 05/23/2015 07:04:40 | Potent Middle Attack Lifts SLUH to Title
- 05/20/2015 10:49:10 | SLUH Rallies to 25th Straight District Title
- 05/18/2015 15:04:15 | Splashing Success
- 05/18/2015 13:31:09 | Jr. Bills Walk for a Cause
- 05/15/2015 10:43:46 | A Spiritual Stretch
- 05/14/2015 10:10:23 | Jesuit Residence Slated for Fall Completion
- 05/13/2015 12:41:24 | National Survey Recognizes SLUH
- 05/13/2015 10:55:43 | Jr. Bills Host Challenger Baseball
- 05/12/2015 09:12:32 | Alumni Reach Out on Day of Service
- 05/07/2015 11:38:18 | Musicians Hit High Note