Where am I?
SLUH Dedicates Si Commons
Pictured (from left): President David Laughlin, Stephen Isaiah "Si" Kincaid '06 (namesake of the Si Commons), and Sarah Trulaske.
SLUH dedicated the Si Commons, a 14,000-square-foot center that will serve as a student cafeteria as well as a liturgy and multi-purpose event space, on Wednesday, February 8. The Si Commons is the final key component of VISION 2000, the largest capital campaign in the school’s history.
“The Si Commons is a significant gift from all of our benefactors to our students,” says David J. Laughlin, SLUH President. “This facility, like others in our VISION 2000 Campaign, punctuates our commitment to the City of St. Louis and our mission as a Jesuit school.”
The new commons, created in space that formerly housed the school's gymnasium, has been designed to maximize its use by the student body and the many other constituents comprising the SLUH community. It will also serve as the venue for many of the school’s community outreach efforts and programs.
The Si Commons includes:
- Expanded cafeteria and food service area, more than doubling previous efficiencies
- Wireless Internet accessibility
- Four built-in projectors and screens tied into the center's modem and sound system
- A room divider wall that allows to split the space into two rooms
- Comfortable seating areas that will provide gathering spaces for students
- New Mass equipment for all-school liturgies
Adjacent to the new commons is an updated main entryway, featuring the relocated reception area and school spirit store.
VISION 2000 furthered SLUH's longstanding commitment to the City of St. Louis by funding multiple campus improvements, such as a new field house and athletic fields. The campaign also enhanced the academic and technology programs, and invested in Forest Park Forever, the Saint Louis Science Center and Compton Drew Middle School.
BSI Constructors Inc. served as the project's contractor, and Hastings & Chivetta was the architect. The $4.9-million commons is named for Stephen Isaiah “Si” Kincaid (SLUH Class of 2006). The Robert J. Trulaske, Jr. Family provided the leadership gift for the project, which was also supported by many generous donors.
>>>CLICK HERE to view photos from the dedication event.
- 06/28/2016 15:54:52 | Fowler '09 Awarded for Broadcast Journalism
- 06/28/2016 15:43:08 | Rackers '11 Named Academic All-American
- 06/28/2016 11:45:34 | Point of Impact
- 06/27/2016 08:55:43 | SLUH Recognized as a Top Workplace
- 06/21/2016 13:37:30 | Murphy Troy '07 Named to USA Olympic Team
- 06/17/2016 09:56:53 | Howard '13 drafted by Astros, pitches TCU to CWS
- 06/15/2016 14:31:01 | Summer Office Hours
- 06/10/2016 15:15:19 | Passing of Fr. Robert Weiss, SJ '42
- 06/08/2016 13:23:03 | National Survey Recognizes SLUH
- 06/01/2016 10:51:44 | Congratulations, Class of 2016!